Forum rules
Be nice!
mvdmitri
First Name: Dmitri
Last Name: Markitanov

ZEV Stirling engine car with molten salt heat accumulator

Post by mvdmitri »

I need the information about vehicles with Stirling engines and
thermal accumulators (LiF,LH) as the main energy source.
I know that Philips company made some investigations in this field.
dsanco___6327
First Name: Dan
Last Name: Chadwick

Response to ZEV Stirling engine car with molten salt heat accumulator

Post by dsanco___6327 »

You say Phillips is working on something like this? I would like to find more, too! I, too, am working on a net-zero-energy system. I had planned on using NaCl-Water Brine or Borax for my energy storage, and solar panels to pump the heat from one tank to the other. About 150#-200# salt in the tanks. The solar panel would be photovoltaic over heat collector, filled with ammonia. The temp-diff would be circulated brine to the SE. I figure fully charged I can get about 180HPh from the tanks.
info___6116
First Name: Hrovatic
Last Name: Igor

Post by info___6116 »

I plan to produce Stirling engine for car. The first will be cca 30 Kw. FINISHED after 12 month. HI Please tel me whitch is max temperature for salt accumulator and tel me how many energy in kJ/KgK salt tank can storage.

B reg.

Igor
info___6116
First Name: Hrovatic
Last Name: Igor

Post by info___6116 »

OUR company SONCNA-ENERGIJA d.o.o. in SLOVENIA produced Parabolic Aluminium Mirror "PALMIR" base dimensions 2020 x 1165 mm with FOCAL lenght 750 mm. On FOCUS we have high temperature VACUUM ABSORBER made from INOX metal tube, protected with BOROSILICATE GLASS tube. The maximum temperature can be reached up to 400 degre celsius. If you use high temperature synthetic oil you can heat molten salt up to 350 degree celsius.This temperature can be used for running Stirling MOTOR, for absorbtion cooling or steam production. I think we will must wait some time that somebody will use this kind of heat energy to run cars. The base problem is in Stirling motor which must reach high efficiency (30%). In USA somebody have a patent. He patented that 1 dm3 special material will be heated to 3000 degre celsius and put in the car,which can transfer this temperature to mechanic work. He said that car can drive with this energy cca 600 mils. I think we will see this prototype after 20 years.

Igor Hrovatic