Moderator: stan.hornbaker

Forum rules
Be nice!
nugley
First Name: Andrew
Last Name: Menzies

Response to 4.5 kW Biomass fueled engine

Post by nugley »

Thankyou Cate, from someone who had "Meanwhile, Back in the Real World..." T shirts printed, to give away. Lucky me, I met enough worthies to run out of shirts. Years ago I helped build and test a homopolar electrical generator (n-machine) and am familiar with the noxious vapour of hype, b.s. and egotism which such enterprises generate. I am also familiar with the rising tide of public interest in alternative energy sources, and I lke to tinker. I have built a couple of working models, so I have a mental handle on the principle. My challenge is to make electric light from the chimney of my stove. I can already do that with an LED on a motor/generator spinning off one of my models on the stove top, albeit with an ice cube 'cheat'. I don't see much on these forums to excite me, but I enjoyed your post. Thankyou.
matter
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Matter

Post by matter »

I've read about the ST-5, but am a bit confused about its current status. Is it or will it be available in the US? We use wood and rice coal to heat our buildings in the winter and use hot water in our cement operations. Is there a new version of the ST-5 being manufactured abroad or by the US based Stirling Technology, Inc? Thank you for the information and my apologies for my inability to understand its current situation.
jol.andre
First Name: Andre
Last Name: Jolicoeur

Post by jol.andre »

Mrs. Chagnot, can you update us about the current state of ST5 production?

Your last posts date back to nearly a year, and I'm already worried that this beautiful project has met with trouble.

I've contacted Stirling Tech to suggest they add a ''News'' section to their website, since the coming availability of the ST5 on the market is of interest to a large number of people. Provided of course that this information isn't confidential...
harshapower
First Name: D.R.
Last Name: mutyala

Post by harshapower »

hi..actually im more intrested in higher capacity striling engines to run with biomass gasifier.now we are running a 1MW biomass grid connected power plant in india.was coupled with 3 Nos of 380 kva volvo penta diesel gensets in duel fuel mode 10 years ago.this year we converted them into 100% gass engines.now im interested in Stirling.please get me more information about commertial Stirling engines for biomass gasification.
matter
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Matter

Post by matter »

I'm a little confused. After reading what was said concerning Mr Lockwood and the
ST-5, does that mean the information in his book is not accurate? I'm trying to learn
as much as I can but not sure about buying the book after reading this thread.
Anyone have it that can give me their opinion?
munch
First Name: Ebbe
Last Name: Munch

Post by munch »

Why donÂ’t you look here? http://www.Stirling.dk/?Home
stan.hornbaker
First Name: William S.
Last Name: Hornbaker

Post by stan.hornbaker »

Please note that this thread is ~8 years old.

Thanks for furnishing a potential source for biomass Stirling engines.
Do you have any firm pricing on the engines made by Stirling DK?