Moderator: stan.hornbaker

Forum rules
Be nice!
stan.hornbaker
First Name: William S.
Last Name: Hornbaker

Response to Book Review - "How I Built a 5 HP Stirling engine"

Post by stan.hornbaker »

kannan: The appointment of Merrit Lockwood was more of a political nature than scientifically/engineering appropriate.
Please reread and or understand this entire thread and others before being too critical of others posting here.

Catherine had her design ready for production some time after the fiasco in S. E. Asia. After extensive negotiations with foreign principals the projected production fell through along with financing.
matter
First Name: Wayne
Last Name: Matter

Post by matter »

Does anyone know the current status of the ST-5? re they going into production or has the whole thing been shelved? I have use for 5 of them myself.
bptdude___2569
First Name: Joe
Last Name: McLean

Post by bptdude___2569 »

I am going to buy one too.

They are suppose to cost $3000 or a little more, not sure how shipping will be handled. And, as I heard from her, they are suppose to be ready for customers later in 2010.

Not sure the exact cost versus return for me, but I really do not care. It will be close enough, and the cost is low enough to dig into my play money, without killng me.

I am goig to use firewood to run it, until I someday rig up a solar system I want to experiment with. I will start using the firewood buring, which I have lots of land with crappy regrowth on, to spin my electic meter backwads, which I can legally do with the right arrangements, up to the point of the electricit I use.

I am very excited and waiting for the product release.

I will have the coolest energy toy in town !

*smiles*