Moderator: stan.hornbaker

Forum rules
Be nice!
brian_clayton2000
First Name: Brian
Last Name: clayton

Response to I give up

Post by brian_clayton2000 »

That is an interesting Idea for a heat turbine thing-ma-bob.....the same sort of idea like a turbocharger or jet turbine engine.....sort of.....if only it would make lots and lots of noise and smoke too!
Of cours, it would also be a good way to raise the temp of my wood fired Stirling, maybe some crank driven bellows on the fire box. You could even use some sort of temp/rpm governor to keep the make the engine run at a lower rpm/low power/low fuel consumption under no load and switch to higher rpm/high power/high fuel consumption under higher loads.
brian_clayton2000
First Name: Brian
Last Name: clayton

Response to I give up

Post by brian_clayton2000 »

Finished my heat exchanger today, have yet to weld it in place. Ordered some bearings today, 12mm linear bearings with seals and housings. Dont know how much drag they will have yet, I guess I will see when they come in. Trying to decide on the bearing style for the Scotch yoke, probably order them in the nect few days. Still trying to decide on a power piston design and regenerator style......clanka-clanka-clanka.....
ralphmarlow
First Name: ralph
Last Name: marlow

Response to I give up

Post by ralphmarlow »

Very interesting. Since you have built a model, then you have some idea on what to do. All you need is a good airtight seal and not get the power piston too big for the size displacer you are building. I guess you didn't make clear to some that you were putting another bottom in for the displacer, but I figured out what you are doing. Keep us updated. Post a video of it running for us.