increase the effiency of a Stirling engine. I would be interested
in hearing from other Stirling minded people who might have similar
ideas.
nailzer
First Name: Ralph
Last Name: Kramdon

Response to Stirling efficiency

Post by nailzer »

Used in a boat you would have an abundant source of cool water. A water jacket around the cylinders would be a big help to efficiency.
I've been working on a way to put coils around the cylinders to use ammonia cooling. It would take a propane refrigerator type set up to accomplish this. Another plus would be Teflon coated cylinders and plastic pistons. If I can't adopt ammonia cooling probably my next best idea would be a very fine mist of water sprayed on the outside of the cylinders.
utopianwebsurfer
First Name: utopian
Last Name: websurfer

thermo dynamic efficiency applications 7/20/08

Post by utopianwebsurfer »

##### Forwarded Message #####
the whole idea of using permanently stored heat in the form of supercompressed air which will give off heat for long periods of time while under thousands of psi pressure and using supercool temperature from
stored liquid nitrogen, is because both sources will give off predictable amounts of both hot and cold temperatures that will start and run the Stirling engine for vast periods of time at a specific rpm rate, which should generate huge amounts of electricity when spinning a magnetic armature from the spin of the engine inside of a coil of electricity generating coils. the yield of electricity should be greater than the sum of expended energy it took to compress and store the air and compress & store the liquid nitrogen, which should give off heat energy and cooling energy 4
vast periods of time. you can add to that effect by recirculating as u mentioned.whats your opinion?am i being too technical or grammatically incorrect?this is just my way of doing things.

also did u know that if u get a 24 oz can of beer containing 8.1%
alcohol by volume and shake the unopened can, then in just a few seconds to half a minute the aluminum skin of the can of beer will
get ice cold in just a few seconds?! its true! try it! your hand will actually start to get numb with the cold in under 2 minutes!

just use the vibration of the engine to shake & vibrate the can in order to cool the cooled part of the engine thru the aluminum skin
of the can to keep that part cooled which will be self perpetuating
as long as the can is kept vibrating from the vibrations of the engine! then if necessary use supercompressed air which will produce
large amounts of heat for long periods of time when pressurized under thousands of lbs. psi.
the metal/skin of the tank or the fiberglass skin of the tank holding the air under thousands of lbs. p.s.i. will exude large amounts of heat from the supercompressed air like a diesel engine of compressed air for long long periods of time while under extreme
compression! use the heat of the compressed air to power the heated side of your Stirling engine.doing this will produce long periods of run time for your Stirling engine if u capture the correct dynamic of hot to cold temperature ratio.

thanxz 4 your time - utopian websurfer 7/19/08